TADA Winter Break Challenge is Coming : Dissertation House Jan 21-23, 2009
Stop with the excuses . . . it's a brand new year, new president, new era. . . new you.
Join Us in the 'On-line Dissertation House'
Happy New Year! What was your New Year's resolution? Have you renewed your efforts to finish your thesis or dissertation? No more excuses. The inauguration is over! Join us in the Dissertation House for the next 3 days. It doesn't sound like a lot of time but in the past 3 days what have to done to move your thesis or dissertation forward?
At TADA we believe that it is important to do something everyday to move the document forward. Do you have 15 minutes to spare?
A group of students in the University of Maryland System (UMBC) will be participating in "Dissertation House on Campus" for three days. Some will be participating on-line and others will meet daily from 9:00am-5:00 pm. Join us, as we work on our proposals, theses, or dissertations.
Many people use the TA-DA! Winter Break Challenge to take a step on getting one thing accomplished and setting a schedule to get that one thing done. They get that one thing done and then are able to enjoy their break without the sense of guilt looming in the background. Other people set out to see how much they can accomplish in 3 days.
Many of you already work with deadlines. If you're joining this challenge, your deadline is January 23, 2008. Let's see how much can you get done in 3 days! Are you ready?
Don't wait until January 21, 2009 to sign up for your gmail account. Get it now and be prepared on the first day.
On January 21-23, 2009, Join us On-Line by:
- Setting up your FREE Google account at www.gmail.com
- Logging in to the blog
- Clicking on "Comments" below and posting the answers to these questions:
- What will you work on?
- How much time will you spend daily working on it?
- Tell us how much progress you are making, or problems you are having.
- At the end of everyday plan what you want to accomplish the following day
Here are some helpful tips:
- Take the first step. Make a commitment to yourself using our TADA!™ Certificate online. Print it out and use it as a daily reminder of your commitment to yourself.
- Breakdown your tasks into bite-size manageable chunks and make a list and post that list in a public space.
- Make a daily commitment to work on your thesis or dissertation. Set aside a reasonable amount of time each day to work on your thesis or dissertation. You can get a lot done in 15 minutes a day.
- Work within your limitations . . . if you are a morning person by all means make yourself some coffee and spend 15 minutes with your dissertation before everyone else rises . . . if you are a night owl . . . turn the TV off 15 minutes earlier and write for 15 minutes.
- Celebrate small victories when you accomplish your tasks for the day. Spend the rest of the day guilt-free enjoying your Summer Break knowing that you have done something (no matter how small) on your dissertation.
- Whatever you do, don't spend the week constantly worrying and saying to yourself 'I really should be working'. Above all, enjoy your Winter Break